Saturday, January 07, 2006

War

It bothers me that so many conservative, patriotic American Christians think that it is conservative, patriotic and Christian to support the current American war in Iraq. Many are offended by my position. I suspect that this may be because they are trying to suppress guilt and shame, in much the same way that homosexuals are offended by Biblical teaching against homosexual behavior. Both groups are equally intolerant of dissent. Rather than engaging in debate, they want to silence the opposition. However, if it's not shameful, and you're not guilty, then I'm clearly wrong and there's no cause for offense. It's like saying that smoking tobacco or drinking alcoholic beverages is sinful. Such claims are either ignored or laughed at by most smokers and drinkers.

I might expand on this later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?