Monday, January 31, 2005

Monday

I stayed home from my normal employment and grouted the floor today. I needed to get it done and just ran out of time over the weekend.

Tonight my younger daughter started talking about body piercing. I don't know how it came up. I think I may have walked in on an existing conversation. Anyway, even though she declared that she had no intention to get anything pierced, other than her already pierced earlobes, she challenged me to show why piercings, other than women's earlobes, are not acceptable for Christians. Both of my daughters like to give me such challenges. I confess I had to do some homework. I found two very good articles and I highly recommend them to anyone who may have to answer a similar challenge. The addresses to these articles are below.

http://www.credenda.org/issues/10-1childer.php?type=print

http://www.chalcedon.edu/cgi-bin/GPrint2002.pl?file=report/issues/97dec/schlissel2.php

There are many reasons why I love living in South Louisiana. One reason is all the good music. This is a good month for good music in South Louisiana.

Tuesday, February 1, 8:00pm, Blue Moon Saloon (Lafayette),
Cajun jam hosted by Cajun accordionist Ray Abshire

Friday, February 4, 7:00pm(?), Boutins Restaurant (Baton Rouge),
Les Freres Michot
8:00pm, Blue Moon, Zydeco acordionist Curley Taylor
10:00pm, Varsity Theatre (Baton Rouge), Red Stick Ramblers

Saturday, February 5, 8:30pm, Blue Moon, Lost Bayou Ramblers & Red Stick Ramblers

Monday, February 7 (Lundi Gras), 8:00pm, Blue Moon, Bluerunners
(hard-edged Cajun)

Tuesday, February 8 (Mardi Gras), Courir de Mardi Gras (Eunice),
(time not known) Lost Bayou Ramblers
(time not known) Blue Moon, Bluerunners & Weary Boys
(telecaster bluegrass)

Friday, February 11, 8:00pm, Blue Moon, Roebucks (rock-a-billy surf)

Saturday, February 12, 8:00pm, Blue Moon, Crystal Plamondon
(multilingual Albertan Country)

Wednesday, February 16, 8:00pm, Blue Moon, Cajun jam
hosted by Cajun fiddler T-Louie Michot

Thursday, February 17, 8:00pm, Blue Moon, Savoy Michot Band
(raw Cajun)

Friday, February 18, 8:00pm(?), Sidebar (Lafayette),
Lost Bayou Ramblers

Saturday, February 19, 6:00pm, Liberty Theatre (Eunice),
"Rendezvous des Cajuns", Lost Bayou Ramblers
9:00pm(?), Breezy's (Lake Charles), Lost Bayou Ramblers

Friday, February 25, 7:30pm, Bulbur Auditorium (Lake Charles),
"Banners" event, Bobby Sanabria (Afro-Cuban Jazz)
8:00pm, Blue Moon, Jeff & Vida (cool bluegrass)

Saturday, February 26, 8:00pm, Heymann Performing Arts Center,
(Lafayette), Lyle Lovett, Joe Ely, John Hiatt, & Guy Clark
(you shouldn't need to be told about these guys)

Check out the links on the right side of this page for venue and band info and other events that I didn't list.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?